Sunday, March 31, 2013

MIA!!!!!

Well, I have a whole load of excuses for why I haven't blogged in so long but they are worthless at this point. I have decided to just give you highlights of the things that have been going on since I got back from my cruise...that was the last post I did you can read it here. February went by very very fast! It started off with a trip up north for two bridal showers, and Holly's bridals. The weather was terrible but that didn't stop us! Her first shower was Friday night and it was thrown by Karen and Emma. It was decorated super cute, the games were great, and they even had an amazing carrot cake! The people in attendance were mostly older family members-mom, grandmas, aunts, family friends. She made out like a bandit though present wise! The Saturday shower was the bridesmaids shower, unfortunately not a lot of people showed up...like no one showed up. It was just Holly and her bridesmaids which she was totally ok with, she is sweet like that.  We played games and had a brunch buffet it was delicious! After the shower we braved the storm and headed out to the capitol to take some bridals. We were freaking out a little on the way because we didn't even know if the capitol was open. Thankfully it was and it was packed with brides! In the end Holly looked beautiful as always and I had thee best time with her and Mirranda. We then headed to have dinner with my grandparents at Texas Roadhouse and then went home to Tooele. Sunday we went to church then came back to St George, weekends like that make me so happy and grateful to live where I do.












The next thing on the agenda is Valentines day! Since my friends and I were all single we decided to do a girls night in, we ordered take out and watched movies with homemade goodies! We ended the night with a giant sleepover and it was the best date-less Valentines day ever! The worst part is that we didn't take ANY pictures but it's fine.  We also celebrated Valentines later that week when we went to see Safe Haven with Josh Duhamel...it was so so good!! If you haven't seen it you probably should go to a theater now and watch it! 





Presidents day weekend treated me very well! It started out with a surprise bridal shower for my dear sister. This shower was so hard for me to plan and keep it a secret. In the end it worked out and was a very successful shower. The best part is she had no idea it was happening, I loved her reaction and loved that she had  so much fun, it made the stress of planning so worth it! 








No offense to Holly but this next thing was my favorite Presidents day event...I received a text from a boy in my ward that he wanted to hang out! So we did and it went very well! We then hung out everyday..and are still hanging out almost everyday!! His name is Bob Kane and he is just thee best, I am very happy and full of smiles everyday. He is from South Jordan been here a little over a year, he works at Danville services and is a manager there. He is a twin (the cuter one too ha ), loves to cook but loves when I cook, he loves to eat weird things like octopus...gross I know! There is a lot more I could tell you but I will stop...for now! We haven't taken many pictures for some reason and will start from now on! 



February was literally full of happy experiences, like for instance when I was a witness at the Stratton to Larson family sealing!! On the 23rd Tiana and I hit the road to go to the Vegas Temple, it was such a great experience and I wish I could do it every weekend. The Vegas Temple was magnificent inside and out! I am so very happy for Randi and her family they have come a long way and are stronger than ever! 





Rand's biggest fans! 
Other monumental things that happened: February 16th Dixie State College became Dixie State UNIVERSITY! Its been a long time coming but we made it folks! I am so happy for Dixie and cannot wait to see what university status brings us! Also Carlos Morgan won the students over and is the newest student body president. I am so very pleased with this and know he will do an amazing job!




New Presidency! 

The last basketball home game was also in February, so I gathered the girls and we went! I haven't been to many games this season so I really made an effort to go! We kicked trash and it was a good way to end the season. 


 Well that is my February update! It was a good quick month and I cannot believe that March is already over and went just as fast!   

No comments:

Post a Comment