Sunday, October 23, 2011

Weeks 8 and 9!

Yes I fell behind again! Between last week being fall break and this week being homecoming I have not had any time for things other than school and work. To start off fall break here at Dixie, we had a YELLOW CARD concert. Oh. My. GOSH! It was so good! I bought my tickets clear back in July and have been super excited ever since. The concert included Go Radio, Every Avenue, and Yellow Card of course. Every band was so good live and I just loved every minute of the concert. I loved being able to dance like a fool with no one caring, and sing my heart out to one of my favorite bands. I woke up the next day with a sore scratchy throat, throbbing head, and very very sore calf muscles and thighs...but It was soooo worth it!




The next day we departed for Utah county, this was my first ever road trip with my car stuffed. The car consisted of me, Nick Rhodes, Courtney, Holly and Jared. Since we all love the temple, we decided to do a session in the Mt. Timpanogos temple and It was so beautiful. It reminded me of the Bountiful temple so much. Then we dropped off Nick and the rest of us headed to T-town. The weather was so beautiful, it was like 70 the whole time. I mostly hung out with my family we went to Gardner village to the witches festival it was a blast to just hang out with my family and have a great time. Hillary and I hung out on Saturday night, we have the same
birthday (it's tomorrow!!!) So we switched birthday presents and then went to get slurpees with Hol and Mirr they were delicious I hate that there are no 7-elevens in southern Utah. This was basically my fall break, it was short but I got family time and caught up on my sleep which was definitely much needed. I also got my head above water with my life...I got behind again
because of homecoming but It's fine.







So speaking of homecoming it was this week. We kicked off the week with some legit peach cobbler, the outdoor cooking class made us some dutch oven style cobbler! It was amazing. Tuesday was the Miss Dixie Pageant, the girls at Dixie are amazing, the pageant had 23 entries! That's the most we've had since 1989. There were so many different talents too like singing, playing the piano, tap dancing, acting and much much more. Wednesday was the powder puff game, sophomores and seniors one. Friday was Rock the mall, it's an event where we take the school song and out our own twist on it. Some did backstreet boys, some had treadmills, and some even did a Harry potter thing! It was so great to see the creativeness of some of our clubs/organizations that we have here at Dixie.




Saturday was the parade, my branch of student government had the responsibility of planning the parade. Many hours were put into planning this event. We had over 100 entries and the streets were filled with people to watch the parade. Overall I feel it was a great success and everything went smoothly. Student Gov. was the last entry in the parade and some of us had the opportunity to ride in a train of little cars it was so much fun!! After the parade Casey and I went to the tailgate and football game. I really love the games and cheering for my school. The weather was beautiful and my right side got way to much sun and I look like a crab.
We did good at the beginning but lost it in the second half. It was still a good game and the boys played well.




After the game I came home and got ready for a banquet and the dance. My sweet sister Holly did my hair and it turned out beautiful. I went to the banquet with Nick Smith and it was just lovely, the SAA did an amazing job at decorating and the food was so tasty. After the banquet we headed to the dance. Student life did and awesome job and putting this together, this year is our 100th birthday so we did things different. We held it in the Eccles bldg. and it was free. We had the jazz band come for the first hour and I was so fun! Then the DJ came and the dance floor was packed! We had a ton of people and just had a great time. My favorite part were the beverages, we had apple juice and it had cinnamon sugar on the rim! Such a cute idea I sang bottoms up all night...salt around that rim. Overall my homecoming week was fantastic.



Life is great school is going good we are approaching on week ten with only five to go, it's seriously gone by so fast. My birthday is tomorrow I'll be 22 nothing big I can't wait to go see thriller at the Tuacahan my roommates are taking me. I also can't wait to see what they have in store for my special day :)


No comments:

Post a Comment