Sunday, February 12, 2012

Live, Laugh, Love!

I love blogging! I love being able to look back on my weeks and semesters and remember all the good times I have had here at Dixie and in this beautiful land of St. George. These last couple of weeks have been no different and have only emphasized that I love it here! If I could stay here the rest of my life I probably would but you see I am trying to get into nursing school. I would LOVE to get into Dixie's program but I still  need to apply everywhere. 2 weeks ago, on the 1st to exact, I turned in my nursing application to Weber State University. I hate these in between stages of life that we go through, I hate the uncertainty of my future all riding on a few pieces of paper. I feel really good about my application and hope that means something come April when I finally find out. I spent a few hours just researching Weber and if it was something that I really wanted and well folks the conclusion is yes! It could be a place for me! Like I just said Dixie is where my heart is and  I will cry for days if I have to leave but when one door closes another opens right...? Anyway it's still up in the air but cross your fingers for me alright? Another phase of life I hate is the dating phase... so thank heavens that our brilliant student life branch decided to bring the famous Date Doctor to Dixie. I learned so much and left feeling confident and ready to pick up some guys...we didn't do that though. Case, Aub and I ended going to Aub's house to make cookies and watch a movie! Both turned out to be an epic fail. In the end we came back to my house to watch a movie but all fell asleep, we suck. Sunday the 5th we as YSA's of St George had the honor of being in the presence of greatness for a couple of hours. Elder David A Bednar came to speak to us! He was just awesome and I very much enjoyed it! He decided to do a Q & A kind of a thing and some of the questions were deep and his answers went deeper. He is a great man and definitely called of God. It was super bowl Sunday as well but our institute was packed! I was so proud! I had a picture of all the people but I lost it so you'll just have to take my word on it! He said something that really stuck out to me. My whole life I have been told to keep a list of qualities you want your future spouse to have. Well Elder Bednar said no we shouldn't do that, we just need to be the people we want to date. Those with your same qualities will find you! It was just really profound!



The weekend of inspiration was much needed, the dating advice came in handy when we did speed dating for our FHE last Monday. I met a few prospects but we'll just have to see!  On Wednesday the 8th the service committee put on a sweethearts dance for the elderly of our community. I love old people and look forward to this activity each spring. We never have an outrageous amount of students show up but this worked in our favor this time. We had some nursing homes cancel on us so the student/resident ratio was perfect. We played bingo and danced the night away!  I really enjoyed myself and was in such a great mood the rest of the night. After this activity I headed over to my RS midweek activity. We made "be mine" blocks they were super easy and turned out so cute!

The Sweetheart Dance 
Thursday and Friday I worked and they were both very busy days. I have been studying like crazy as well, microbiology is much harder than I anticipated and might be the death of me. Dance class has been fun so far we have learned the waltz and the foxtrot which I don't like very much. Because of all this hard work Friday I took a break! Every week Friday is usually date night and Saturday is girls night...well this week we did a little switch-a-roo. The Vow opened on Friday and we just had to go see it, plus it was Mark Fosters wedding reception (both of which are girly events). We stopped at the reception first it was so pretty I loved the location and the colors. I have known Mark for a year now and have never seen him so happy! He was glowing and I was happy for him and hope that someday I can be that happy! After that we headed to theater number one which was sold out. We then booked it to the other theater and got tickets and way good seats. The movie was so good I cried the whole time and could not contain myself. The ending could have been better but I'll still buy it when it comes out.






 I ended the weekend with the DSC red storm killing the A of A university in basketball Saturday night! It was such a great game and I don't know what I am going to do with myself after the season ends. There are only 3 more home games...it makes me cry just thinking about it! This last game the Jazz bear came out and he was awesome! I often found myself just watching him mess around and missing the intense game. 


Today I had the great opportunity to go to church and it was fantastic as always! I love this gospel and can't imagine my life without it. I love my savior and am so grateful for the atonement and all that it entails. I am grateful for my friends and family who keep me on the path and catch me when I stray. I trust in the lord with all my heart and know that everything happens for a reason and I know that when I do what's right that I will only be blessed! I hope everyone finds true happiness like I have! I love you all and hope you have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Heather you are so cute! I love reading your blog because you are always so happy and stay positive no matter what. I love that you love St. George so much and how involved you have become, it makes me so happy! Love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're applying to Weber?! That would be awesome for you! It is very sad leaving the Dixie area. Been there done that... Not at Dixie itself but it was so sad and hard to leave. Still is when I reflect on those days and see how much fun you're having! But it's true-- when one door closes another opens. You have always had such a great outlook on life Heather:) and that's awesome you have learned those dances in dance class! Sounds so fun! Well pretty lady good luck with the nursing program stuff, I'll pray that whatever is best for you will happen:) love you always!

    ReplyDelete