Sunday, January 29, 2012

Life is just crazy!!



This week was seriously a roller coaster ride for me! I had so many ups and downs,the beginning was so rough but the end turned out to be so awesome!! The beginning was rough because I was just super busy and getting over being sick too. I just need to REDefine my schedule and change some of my bad habits like staying up late and then sleeping late, like not studying enough during and then cramming for tests. I am making a change and hopefully this week will be much smoother! I already wrote about Monday through Wednesday on my last post (if you need a refresher go here). So basically my weekend went like this: Tuesdays and Thursdays I have no school, Tuesdays are usually filled with Student Gov things and then Thursdays is laundry day and I usually work all day. This Thursday was a rare one and I had it completely off; I just love days every once in awhile where I have nothing major to do. I got up studied with Aub then went to the gym, came home played with Holly Hol and did some cleaning! I deep cleaned my room and the rest of the house. I did laundry and was just very productive. At 7:00 Case and Aub came over and we departed for the  ANDY GRAMMER concert!!!!!!!!!! I was just ecstatic! We walked in and I bought a shirt that says "I'm just sayin it's fine by me" then we went and found our seats they were in row C and were the bomb.com seats. We were 4 rows from the front and they were just perfect! We then went and found Abby and Chancen and chatted with them until the show started. Rachel Platten was first and what a great way to start off the show, I have never heard her before and I was amazed. She was just great! Her best was titled "nothing ever happens" I loved it!

Next to perform was Ryan Star, and oh my gosh he was just as good! It made it even better when he came out wearing our new campus-wide REDefine project shirt! I downloaded his stuff before I came so I can tell you that he was so good live! When I first heard his stuff I didn't really like it but I am now a Ryan Star fan. He was just so energetic and so great, he played his guitar and did so many amazing solos and his Breathe song at the concert was amazing-this is his actual video from his performance at the college (gotta love YouTube!)

 
He took this picture from the stage, I am over the the right side, you can't see me but I am there!
Last up was Andy himself and he started off with one of my favorites "it's fine by me" and from then on I was standing and loving every minute of it! He was so good live as well, and he just brought such excitement with him I loved it. He was also very personal and introduced us to every song he sung and wrote. I feel like an Andy Grammer song expert now! My favorite I can't really pick, he was just so great and I am still star struck now!! He did sing Biggest man in Los Angeles, except he changed it to the Biggest Man in St. George! So great! He ended with "Gotta Keep your head up", but then we called him out for an encore of course and he then ended with a "we found love" by Rhianna cover! AMAZING!! Perfect way and song to end the night with. I am definitely an Andy Grammer lover now! I have listen to his album atleast 5 times since the concert! If you missed it, you missed out!



From the stage! We are definitely in this one on the right side!!

LOVE THIS GIRL and am sooo glad she went with me!!

As if Thursday wasn't enough excitement for me, Friday and Saturday we did our Spring retreat for Student Gov. I love retreats! They are the best day and half trips ever! This retreat started on Friday at 2pm where we did some team building things, they were so awesome. One thing we did was the human knot-you stand in a circle and hold out your left hand and hold someone elses left hand and do the same with the right then you have to get untangled without not holding hands. It was tricky and we almost had it but then time was up. We then built a tent blind and with a leader that had frost bite. In the end we got it set up and was succesful. We then gathered the troops for lunch at the pasta factory and then headed to the cabin in Pine Valley!

ICC girls at the PF

I have never been to the school cabin and was super excited to go. The bus ride up was a blast I sat by Connor, Fishy, and Lyd. Chaz and Joe gave us some commentary and fun facts the whole trip too. We got to Pine Valley and boy was it chilly, we unpacked the bus and then went grazing as I like to call it! The cabin was huge and full of surprises. We started training and then played the rest of the night. Del Beatty (dean of students) came and spoke to us about the Dixie Spirit and how Dixie really does change people and I can attest to that statement. I love Dixie State College and I am so glad I came here in 2009 and hope I never have to leave this beautiful place. We learned songs and hand motions to them, I finally learned the spelling of Dixie 6 times song and the motions to Are you from Dixie. We then played a very emotional game it was like the line game but different. We got into 3 different circles and there was a person in the middle that had to close their eyes and fold their arms. The outside circle walked around and when Del said something you thought applied to the person you woud poke them. Some questions were very personal others not so much. It was a real 'bring the team together' game. Then we just played and had dance parties all night, by the end of the night I watched our Director of leadership and student involvment, Jordan, do a front flip off the couch and get dog piled on and I also got my ear licked during a game. Never a dull moment in Student Gov I decided. Everytime I walked into the main room someone was wrestling or dancing or making a 3 level human pyramid! Anyway, Friday night I went to bed a little after 2am while others went to bed at 7am in a fort with 15 other people. We arose at 8am had breakfast, more training, some breakout sessions with your department, and then came together for closing remarks from President Sheffield. Overall it was a dang good retreat and we are all pumped up and ready to get the Dixie Spirit back stronger on campus and to be the best leaders that DSC has seen!

Connor and I on the bus
Fishy, me and Lyd hung out the whole Retreat!




The best ICC (minus 2 ) ever!
Saturday I got home around 2:00 and then went to a bridal shower for Sky Pie with Case and T and then came home took a little nap while watching willie wonka and the chocolate factory then just worked on homework for awhile. After Holly got off work we went to walmart and then came home and made brownies and ate icecream. Today I am working once again, I have made it a goal to talk to my boss again about not working on Sundays, the gospel means much more to me than any paycheck. Wish me luck with that! I guess that is all I hope that everyone has a super fabulous week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment