Thursday, January 26, 2012

Girls Just wanna have fun!!

It's been far too long friends! I have been SUPER busy with everything on my plate lately and to top it off I spent the last 4 days being sick...it was not fun at all! So since my last post tons has happened, mostly just me hanging out with my best friends! It started on Sunday (01/15) when Tiana helped with the lesson in Relief Society it was so great, I am just so proud of my little TT and how far she has come in this short of time! Monday (01/16) for FHE we played human Foosball and that was such a blast and a people pleaser too so that is always a plus. Aub and I ditched out a tad early and hit up the DSC men's basketball game where we played Grand Canyon and crushed them! I LOVE our team and I really only miss home games if I am working and I just don't want the season to ever end! Student Government Tuesday (01/17) was just as busy as ever-meetings, trainings, putting the human Foosball PVC pipes back in the ridiculously packed closet and our first ever leadership class started. It was a really good class and even though I have had many leadership positions my whole life I still often learn something new about being a leader. After the madness was over we as an ICC took our Take Back the Night club to pizza factory because they were voted club of the semester last semester. 

I was in heaven, the pizza factory is just so so good!! The pizza, bread sticks, salad, ranch, and crushed ice with some Dr. pepper make this girl very happy. While we were there I got to do a little catch up with Abby, soon to be Hall, Hirschi  and before I knew it her and I were talking about a wedding showcase and made a deal that we'd go to one the following Saturday. I have always wanted to go to one of these and was so excited. I have mentioned in the past that my Case face has been thinking about moving to Dixie Red Sands sooner or later right?...well guess what?? She is all moved in!!! We found out last Wednesday and by Friday night she was all moved in. It has just been so fun to have another apartment to go play at and to be able to walk to each other's houses! I just adore her and can't wait for many more adventures. Also on Wednesday (01/18) there was a ward basketball game and since Tiana and Randi both have boys that play they go every week and watch...and since I don't have a boy that plays I usually don't but last week was different and I decided to go. It was so fun and our team is not to shabby, and afterwards it's now a tradition that we go out for ice cream. So our gang and the famous Joey Brown all went to the DQ lounge it was just great!



Saturday (01/19) was the day I woke up feeling not so good I had a stuffy nose, a sore throat and a cough. I went to clean the church and then met up with Abbs and Case at the bridal showcase thing. It wasn't all that I thought it would be but it was still fun! I went to work shortly after that and then after work went to the game where we killed the Hawaiian boys team. There was a good turn out at this one which is good (I really wish just once that the student section would be packed with people wearing their Dixie red). When the game was over we did our weekly Saturday night wal-mart trip...let me tell ya 5 girls on a much needed walmart trip can be kind of crazy. We made it in and out in under an hour and with only one very full cart. We returned to my house with chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream and a packet of cookie dough that we mixed in. It was delicious and such a fun way to end the night, we usually do a huge sleepover but with 2 sick girls we decided not to.


  
Sunday (01/20) I got called into work which was not good because I was still sick and I was really looking forward to church. Thank goodness that work wasn't busy or I would have not survived. I also got a picture of the sunset it was so pretty!! Plus, I got a phone call detailing me about what happened at church though so it worked out in the end I guess.



 Monday (01/23) I was still sick and not feeling hot at all, I slept in and therefore looked a mess the rest of the day. I had a microbiology test to take and it would not stop raining-overall not the best day. I had good intentions of going to FHE but just couldn't, we did however have Panda Express for dinner since it was Chinese new year. Tuesday (1/24) was much calmer then others for some reason, we did a training for all the club presidents and advisers it went  so well and meetings with food are always the bomb. I had class till 6 and then had a definite plan to go to the game but then it didn't happen. I got side tracked by Case at target and then putting up curtains that out smarted us for like half an hour. In the end we just hung out and did some laundry. Yesterday was the most busiest day I think I have had this whole semester. Some professors like to have student leaders come and instruct their classes about involvement or whatever and I got to do that today. I really do enjoy it and have done so many it doesn't even phase me. Anyway I had to do one of those during my lunch break and really only break today here's how my day went: 6:30 wake up, 8:00 micro, 9:00 Office hours for student gov., 10:00 social dance where I learned the whole waltz!! Pretty legit...11:00 institute, 12:00 teach that class, 1-2:30 micro lab and finally 2:30-10:30 work. I was gone all day and only home once therefore I packed so much stuff with me all day it was ridiculous! I do love being busy and days like this are good for me but if I don't have another one in a while I'll be fine!  Tonight Andy Grammer is coming to Dixie and I am so so EXCITED!! I almost almost didn't get to go because of work but everything worked out good thing cause I almost quit...not really! I just love concerts and didn't want to miss this so I am so glad I got everything covered!!


Friday and early Saturday is our spring 2012 retreat up in pine valley and I am stoked!! Saturday afternoon Case and I are going to an event or two together and gonna paint the town Red. That is about all, life is great and I really can't complain! Have a fabulous weekend everyone!!

1 comment:

  1. I wasn't even mentioned in this blog :( I feel like we didn't even hang out!!

    ReplyDelete