Sunday, May 6, 2012

End of life as we know it!

SCHOOL IS OVER!!!! We have reached the light at the end of the tunnel folks! 


The last few weeks have been so crazy and I can't believe I am done with the semester! I wish I could have blogged but all the free time I had was spent working and studying! My finals week was rather easy-I only had two during that week. My micro lab, and dance final were almost two weeks ago and were so easy! I loved my dance class and it was hard to finish that class. Student Government ended just as quickly as it started, this last week was so hard for me! I cleaned out our ICC 'club house' cubicle and all the reps binders, we had our closing socials and last day of leadership class. We took group pictures and said our goodbyes! I have been on the DSCSA for three years now and it's hard to just say goodbye to something that has been such a huge part of my life. I loved all the experiences I have had and all the people I have met through student government-'the Team of the Century Mike and Nick' was the best team I have ever been on and next years team has big shoes to fill!








At the end of every spring semester the Dixie Awards and graduation happen-during both events the Moat sisters were honored! I had the great privilege of being in the top five for the Dixie Awards, I was nominated in the Dixie spirit category. I answered an online questionnaire, made a portfolio of all the things I have done here at Dixie and did had a personal interview with an award committee! Thursday night were the awards, they had a light refreshment thing at six and then the ceremony at seven. It was so fun to see my fellow students get recognized and to see the new DSCSA executive council get sworn in. When It came time to my category being announced I was so nervous! Every winner gave a speech just like the grammys! I had been thinking of what to say the whole time...then came the envelope...and the winner is...Jordan Bracken! I was a little upset but also relieved that I didn't have to give a speech! I also felt bad that I brought my whole family to watch and for nothing. There is always next year and it was still a great experience and being in the top five was huge! 



Friday was graduation and my beautiful sister Holly Marie walked and received her associates degree! I am so proud of her and all that she has accomplished in her life! My family came down and we had a blast! We swam at the hotel, went shopping, went to dinner, and just had such a great time! I love my family and am so blessed to be with them forever. They left Saturday morning and the rest of the weekend was spent with the girls! Mirranda and Sarah came down and we just had thee best weekend ever. Saturday was spent shopping, eating tacos, looking at wedding dresses, watching the Lucky One and jumping at Anti-Gravity arena! I didn't take many pictures yesterday but that is ok! 






I loved this weekend and cannot wait for summer it's going to be so awesome!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment