Monday, November 5, 2012

A Grateful Heart

It is already November, it still amazes me how fast time flies! I love fall, I basically love all the months from August-December. They are life changing months; families come together, people realize what is important and what is not, they also realize how fortunate they truly are. Goals are made...and hopefully kept so a better person can shine. The holidays just make for a more generous, humble, and grateful people. It may only be November 4th, but I am already in the holiday spirit. I have never wanted to serve my fellow men as much as I do now. This week has just been different. Monday for FHE we did a Halloween costume party and there was a great turnout. Each week we get more and more people and I love it, I have really grown to love this ward and those in it.


 

Tuesday I went to institute I am so glad that I have stuck with it and gone as much as I can. I have loved going through the new testament and reading about Christs teachings through parables. Wednesday was Halloween and since we are lame, tired, and old we didn't do much. We stayed home and did homework until almost 7:30 then went to dinner at Red Robin, then went to see if anything good was at the theater. To our surprise there wasn't much playing late but we decided to go see Chasing Mavericks. It was based on a true story about a surfer learning to surf the most dangerous and biggest wave known to man. It was a good one but very sad! After that we came home and went to bed...losers I know. Thursday I was just exhausted for some reason and didn't feel like doing anything. I hate those days because I know if I just did something I wouldn't be as tired. Nevertheless, I bummed around until Aub and Kari got off then we went to in and out for dinner, then just hung out and did some homework. Friday was the perfect day-I had a very easy work load and it was pay day! After work I had so much to do but so little time. I had to shop for FHE stuff, then went to the Temple with Rand which was so busy. Then ran to some other stores with Kari, had dinner with Aub, hung out with Tiana, then went to yougurtland with the roommates. By the time Friday was over I was beat and could have slept for days. 
Saturday was the best day of this whole week. I haven't told many people, but as of 3:30 Saturday afternoon I am now an endowed member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! I am not planning a mission at this time and I am not engaged to be married yet. I am very confident with my decision to go through and I know it was the right thing for me to do at this time. I loved every minute of my time in The Manti Utah Temple and I loved going back there with my beautiful family. I am grateful for my family, plus the Eve's, the Church's, Holly, Aubrey, Randi, Kari and Lindsey for coming to support me on my special day. I could not have done it without any of you! I love the Temple, more now then ever, and know it is where we should be. 










Flowers from my dear roommates!
After the Temple, pictures, and goodbyes Aub, Holly, Kari and I headed back to St George. We made a few stops along the way including a trip to Fillmore. I have never been to Aub's so we figured since we were in the area that we might as well stop. It was great, I love seeing where my friends grew up and lived their lives. It was so small of course and very cold. It was fun to go through her house and see some embarrassing Mullins pictures too. After Fillmore we headed home and only stopped once more in Beaver to eat. We got home and went to Walmart then went to bed, being in car basically all day makes you so tired!  It was a very quick Saturday but very very special and a day full of memories and things I will never forget!


The following are random pictures from parts of the Mullins house! 






 Today was fast Sunday, I love fast and testimony meeting in the single adult ward. I love hearing all the testimonies of those in my age group. Today there happened to be an unwritten theme for the meeting-every testimony was directed to the phrase "God will deliver". Everyone had a story to share about how trusting in our Heavenly Father and in his Son makes things happen in our life. They are both watching out for us and have a plan for us. I know this is true, we all have trials and tribulations but we also all have blessings! Our lives might not be where we thought they would be right now but that's how it is! That is the beauty of the plan we might not know it but our Heavenly father does, trust him, it will all work out how and when it is suppose to! 


I love this! I hope everyone has a spectacular week! 

2 comments:

  1. Yay!! Love this post! And your costume! Reminds me of our crazy dress up days;) I loved seeing you on Saturday woman! Ha ha and i love that all you st. george girls are wearing coats lol, its was such a perfect day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! My jaw dropped when I read you got to receive your endowments! I'm SOOOOO happy for you Heather! What a great step in your life. The temple is amazing and I'm so happy you get to experience it! You made my night! I'm proud of you girl and so happy for you! You are amazing and a great example :)

    ReplyDelete