Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Crazy Kids

Sometimes I wish for a calm and relaxing week but then other times I love having things to do. Summer has been so good to me and I am blessed to have many friends who want to do stuff everyday. Last Mondays Ultimate frisbee FHE went so good! We had an awesome turn out and everyone loved it! Tuesday my beautiful roommate Brindi went through the Temple!! Natalie and I had the privilege of being with her and I am so glad that we were there to support her. Wednesday I went to my last summer institute class and then went to pie night. They were out of Apple pie...how does that even happen? So I resorted to getting the peach supreme pie. It is the pie of the month and it was so good!! I almost wanted to get another one. After pie night some went to play games but I was so tired and just needed me time so I watched Shrek and did a face mask. With all the heat/humidity and sweating my face has been breaking out like crazy so it needed a little more TLC than usual.




 Thursday night I hung out with the Eves until about 10, we watched pitch perfect and drank half priced Freddy Dr Peppers. Then I went to a bachelorette party for Brindi, she got married Friday so Thursday was her last night as a single lady and as our roommate. We went to Applebees and just talked while eating their famous 'Blondies'. After Applebees we came home and brought out our mattresses to watch a movie and go to bed. Friday morning we all had to be up at 6 and we all slept through our alarms-except Brindi she is awesome. So needless to say I was a little late to work...oops! Work was interesting, I had the chance to move some dead bodies...just kidding!!!! They looked like dead bodies and I felt super awkward moving them but it was fun to see people's looks. After work Tiana and I hung out until Connor and Nat got off work and then us three headed to Alamo, Nevada for Brindi and Logan's reception. It was a nice drive, we went a little to far before getting off the freeway but we got there eventually. Upon entering the town we were amazed at it's smallness and got lost in it's smallness. We finally found signs (they were the worst signs ever) and then found the reception. It was so beautifully done and I loved everything about it! Brindi looked beautiful and I am already missing her presence in our apartment. I am so happy for her and Logan and can't wait to see what the future brings them. (We did take Pictures but Nat has them..so they will come later!)

Creepy right?
Saturday Brandon was out of town so Tiana and I hung out all day long! It was thee best and has been so long since it has been just us hanging out. We went shopping and ran a whole bunch of errands, got lunch, took a nap, baked some cakes, and just had a fabulous time. We didn't get one picture so I demand a redo...that night we were suppose to have a girls night but it ended up just being me and Holly all night just talking! It was nice I love my sister and will hang out with her anytime. Sunday was a busy day, I woke up later than usual and found that our ant problem had returned. The last couple of weeks we have had a serious problem with ants! they are everywhere in our kitchen and it is sick. Nick says they are our friends but they all just need to find new friends. So I spent most of the morning cleaning out the cupboards and stuff only to receive a text at 11:00 saying that we had ward council at 12:00!! I freaked out, cried a little, then just ran like mad to get in the shower, get linger longer cakes ready, and be at the meeting on time. Lets just say without my beautiful roommate Nat I would not have made it on time! So I had that meeting, church, linger longer, and then a dinner date at 5:30. The dinner date was just fabulous! It was with Nat, Connor, Linds, Torri, Taylor and one other couple I didn't know. We made homemade pizzas, then played games. It was so fun and we will definitely be doing it again.



Last nights FHE was so so...we were suppose to play water balloon human battleship. The first fail: I was late, in charge and late. Second fail: the blankets didn't cover the net-they were too short and I didn't even have enough (I am an idiot) Third fail: It was super windy and the blankets wouldn't stay up. In the end we scratched the blankets and just played! That was fun until we got booted off the court, fourth fail. We then decided to just play on the grass and that worked out very good and we should have just played on the grass the whole time. Fifth and final fail we ran out of water balloons! We had 120 and just ran out! After we ran out of balloons people played frisbee and just socialized which is what FHE is for so I was ok with that! Our turnouts for activities this summer have been so random and fluctuates so much. Some weeks we have less than 40 and some weeks we have more than 60 it's so frustrating. Yesterday I worked then watched the following, then went to a relief society activity! It was so awesome and we had such a good turnout, I love my ward so much! Today I worked which is weird but so nice for two reasons: holiday pay, and a super easy day!  Tonight I am for sure watching fireworks which are my fave and the rest will just come to me. I am afraid that most of my friends are leaving...it will be an interesting night that's for sure. I am grateful for this day and for our ancestor pioneers and all they sacrificed to settle our land. I had the opportunity to do a pioneer trek many years ago and even thought it's nothing close to what they really did I feel indebted to them!


No comments:

Post a Comment